Pelvic Floor and Pregnancy Physiotherapist
Meet Kirby Birch
Kirby is a Pelvic Health Physiotherapist who graduated from Latrobe University in 2017. Kirby has always been passionate about all areas of Women’s Health, leading her to pursue a Graduate Certificate in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy to specialise in this area.
Kirby has spent the majority of her career working within the private practice field and has also gained further qualifications in both Clinical Pilates and Dry Needling.
Kirby has special interests in treating women throughout the child bearing years, with particular skill and experience in managing pelvic girdle pain during pregnancy and post natal abdominal separation. Kirby also holds a keen interest in the management of pelvic floor dysfunction in pelvic pain conditions (e.g. vaginismus, sexual pain and endometriosis). Kirby is passionate about educating and empowering women, to help them achieve optimal pelvic health in all stages of life.
Kirby also holds a keen clinical interest in the management of neck related pain and headaches, and enjoys utilising a combined approach of manual and exercise therapy to help her clients achieve their goals, no matter how big or small.
Outside of the clinic, Kirby enjoys keeping active, being outdoors, and spending quality time with her loved ones.
- Bachelor of Health Science (Latrobe University)
- Masters of Physiotherapy Practice (Latrobe University)
- Graduate Certificate in Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy (University of Melbourne) – TBC 2023
- APA Dry Needling Physiotherapy Level 1
- DMA Clinical Pilates: Unit A
- DMA Clinical Pilates: Unit B
- Level 1 Mat Pilates
- Reformer Pilates
- APA Introductory Women’s Health Physiotherapy Level 1
- APA Spinal Physiotherapy Part A
- Understanding Dementia online course (University of Tasmania)
- Understanding Multiple Sclerosis online course (University of Tasmania)