Shoulder + Sports Physiotherapist
Titled APA Sports & Exercise Physiotherapist
Meet Amy O’Shannassy
Amy is a Titled Sports and Exercise Physiotherapist and works predominantly in Shoulder Rehabilitation. Amy has extensive experience in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of shoulder conditions such as impingement symptoms, instability, rotator cuff injuries and post surgical rehabilitation.
Amy adopts a progressive approach to Physiotherapy, utilising her clinical assessment and diagnostic ability to identify the symptomatic and causative elements of the client’s condition and then implementing a combination of manual therapy, Clinical Exercise + Pilates and strength and conditioning to optimise recovery, improve performance and overall wellness.
Amy has worked with people with a wide range of shoulder and sporting injuries, from office workers to manual workers, social athletes to full-time elite athletes. She has an advanced knowledge of the unique challenges that the shoulder can present, whether that be returning a person back to daily activities, weekend sport, or an elite athlete, returning them back to optimal performance.
Amy believes strongly in the proven benefits of exercise in overall health and wellness and as such, implements an active approach to treatment.
- Masters of Sports & Exercise Physiotherapy
- Graduate Certificate of Sports Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Member of the Australian College of Physiotherapists
- Member of Shoulder & Elbow Physiotherapist Australasia
- Member of Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Member of Sports and Exercise Group – Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Strength Training Principles for Pilates
- Athletic Ankle
- High Performance Hip
- ACL Rehabilitation
- Non Operative ACL Rehabilitation
- Sports Physiotherapy Level 2
- Spinal Physiotherapy A
- Strength & Conditioning Essentials for Physiotherapists
- Running Repairs Course
- Advanced Lower Limb Rehab in Sport
- Lumbar Spine and Pelvis Assessment
- Shoulder Course – Lyn Watson Level 1-3
- DMA Clinical Pilates Level 1-3
- Dry Needling